Dog Parks And Off-Leash Areas Around Town
15 Jan 2018
Need to give your pooch a run? Below is a list of dog parks and off-leash areas in the Southern Highlands for your dog to let loose and get some exercise.
Edward Street park is perfect for giving our four-legged friends some time to run around and have some fun with their friends. Fully fenced, you can take a relaxing seat while your dog plays.
If you are looking for more of a contained area, then Centennial Road Park in Bowral will suit you better. Fully fenced, your energetic companion will have space to run but not run away! There is also a sports ground, children’s play area and toilet facilities in close proximity.
Legend has it that Seymour Park, almost 9 acres in size, was donated to the community by a very generous benefactor. This is a beautiful park and a lovely stroll around for you too.
With kids playground, picnic tables, toilet facilities (all separate from the fenced in, off-leash area) and more grass than you can throw a ball at, it is a great place for the whole family, especially our canine companions.
pic courtesy of Wingecarribee Council
As always when out and about, make sure your dog is well socialised and happy to be around other people and their pets. Remember to take along a plastic bag to clean up any doggy deposits to keep it nice for everyone!
It's also important to familiarise yourself with the rules around using these spaces as found on the Wingecarribee Council website:
- Dogs are to be under effective control by a competent person at all times. Ensure that when your dog is off lead it is not a nuisance or a threat to other dogs or park users.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Dog faeces must be collected immediately and disposed of in a proper manner.
- Female dogs on heat should be left at home.
- Leash-free areas are not to be used by dangerous dogs or restricted breeds.
- Dog owners need to be aware that the parks are to be shared and enjoyed with other persons and dogs.
- No more than four dogs should be under the control of any one person at any time.