Start your contemporary jewellery journey with a series of classes aimed at giving you the skills and confidence to start producing your own designs in sterling silver!
Start your contemporary jewellery journey with a series of classes aimed at giving you the skills and confidence to start producing your own designs in sterling silver.
These classes focus on developing fundamental skills through practical projects. You will be introduced to a range of silversmithing tools and equipment in a professional studio setting with an equal emphasis on fun and safety. Encouraged and supported every step of the way, you'll develop the skills, techniques and confidence required to make your own precious metal and gemstone designs.
Classes run every Saturday from 12-4pm - you can start whenever you like, and choose as many classes as you would like to attend! In your first class you will learn how to fabricate sterling silver rings, personalised through various texturing techniques. You will then have the freedom to work on your projects, with the support and guidance of an experienced contemporary jewellery maker.
Sterling silver for the first class is included in the booking fee. Additional materials will be available for purchase through the studio, or you are welcome to bring your own materials for the projects you'd like to make.
This programme is open to beginners - no experience required!
What the programme includes:
- Start whenever you're ready
- Classes run every Saturday from 12-4pm
- Choose as many classes as you would like to attend
- All tools and equipment, including silver for your first class
- Instruction from an experienced contemporary jewellery maker
- A programme tailored to your skills and personal learning goals
- Complimentary tea, coffee and light refreshments
What you should wear and bring with you:
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes
- Your hands will get dirty, so please don't wear anything too precious
- If you have long hair, please wear it in a pony tail or a bun, and
- We’ll be doing detailed work, so please bring your reading glasses