Maugers Meats is an iconic family-owned butchery business which is famous for producing its own grass-fed beef and lamb on the family farm in picturesque Robertson. Participate in a true paddock-to-plate experience, with John and Vicki Mauger.
They will lead you on a three hour paddock to plate tour, which includes:
- Welcome and morning tea.
- An introduction to the farm, the Mauger family and their grass-fed beef and lamb farming methods.
- ‘Meet the Mob’ take a walk across the paddocks to see the grazing animals amidst breathtaking Highlands views.
- Learn about different breeds on the farm, how and why they are selected.
- The ‘Art of Butchery’ demonstration, where the master butcher breaks down beef, explaining each cut, what to look for when you are buying your meat and taking questions.
- The plate part! A sumptuous lunch of slow roasted Maugers beef or lamb rolls with homemade preserves.
What To Bring:
Comfortable walking shoes, or boots in case of wet weather. Hats and sunscreen.
Tour costs $85 per person
Laurel View, 5110 Illawarra Highway,
Robertson, New South Wales
2577 , Australia